TULSA, Okla. - Tulsa police arrested a man who they say endangered others when he fired shots in a busy area on Easter morning.
Police say Alton Branstner ran behind a pickup truck and fired shots at the truck with two people inside. This happened at 10 a.m. outside of a convenience store near Pine and Mingo.
Officials say there were many witnesses outside who were endangered by the gunshots.
Investigators found Branstner at his house later that day and searched his home. They found a gun inside and the same hoodie he was wearing during the shooting, based on witness photos.
He told police he wasn’t trying to kill anyone but fired a “warning shot” at the truck. He was arrested on one count of shooting with intent to kill.
- Flyers drop Kate Smith's recording of 'God Bless America' over earlier racist songs
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Militia leader arrested at US-Mexico border
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Sri Lanka explosions: Easter Sunday blasts kill more than 200
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.