TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Members of the Tulsa Islamic Community said it's a sad day after 49 men, women and children were killed at a shooting at two Mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- A volunteer leader at the Islamic Society of Tulsa told FOX23 the community will pray for them Friday.
- Fridays are a spiritual day for the Muslim community, the attacks in New Zealand happened during Friday prayer.
- The Tulsa Metropolitan Ministry planned a vigil of peace for people of all faiths to support the Muslim community.
- The Tulsa Police Department and FBI are working together to keep area mosques safe.
- TPD will be doing extra patrol of the area for some time because copy cat attacks could happen anytime over the next couple of days or weeks.
- Once homeless teen accepted to 17 colleges
- Ted Bundy victim confirmed more than 3 years ago, DNA details released this week
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Woman cut off own hand with circular saw to cash in on insurance, police say
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.