TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Tulsa International Airport is applying for federal funds to build a new control tower.
- TIA CEO Mark Van Loh told FOX23 the airport is seeking part of the Trump Administration's billion dollar push to upgrade airports nationwide.
- Van Loh said the current tower is prone to maintenance issues, some parts violate OSHA employee safety standards, and on days with strong wind controllers have evacuated the tower for their safety.
- The Airport Authority voted Thursday to begin soliciting bids to renovate the American Airline Maintenance Base.
- American Airlines has planes at TIA that are too big for their hangars.
- Watchdog expected to rebuke ex-FBI director James Comey over Clinton email case.
- A woman was hospitalized after being shot at a Muskogee apartment complex
- Tulsa police say rival groups have been shooting at each other across the city
- 5 things to know about Flag Day
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
© 2018 Cox Media Group.