TULSA, Okla. - Tulsa City Council honored the firefighters who revived a man found at an RV park without a pulse and considered dead.
Officials said they used a "cyanokit" to treat the man for possible poisoning from smoke inhalation.
The kit uses an IV to reverse the effects of cyanide in the blood of people who have experienced smoke inhalation during a fire but have not been badly burned.
Investigators said the kit is used between five and seven times per year.
- No. 2 Oklahoma stakes playoff spot, 41-17 over No. 10 TCU
- Border patrol confiscates 227 pounds of prohibited Mexican bologna
- Man charged with hiding death of missing N Carolina girl
- Mother of two dies just day after flu diagnosis
© 2018 Cox Media Group.