TULSA, Okla. - Tulsa firefighters are planning a memorial to honor two of their own who died in the line of duty 100 years ago.
Ben Hanes and Ross Shepard died when a stairwell collapsed at the Mayo building in 1917.
The Tulsa Fire Department hasn't lost a firefighter to a fire since then.
Firefighters will recreate the funeral procession that happened one hundred years ago at First Presbyterian Church in downtown Tulsa.
They are also looking for family members of Hanes and Shepard. If you are related to them or know who is, contact the Tulsa Fire Department.
The memorial service will take place Oct. 24 at noon.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Texas inmates donate $53,000 for Harvey relief efforts
- Man reportedly leads police on chase after stealing car from couple at Tulsa gas station
- Why you should get a flu shot now and why it's less painful than ever
- California couple survive raging firestorm in neighbor's pool
- See more trending stories on FOX23 Facebook page
© 2019 Cox Media Group.