TULSA, Okla. - City Hall and several city facilities will be closed Monday, January 21 for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Public safety and mission critical operations will operate as normal and trash and recycling services will still be collected Monday.
The City of Tulsa announced the following plans for closings as well as some places that will remain open:
The City of Tulsa mulch site at 2100 N. 145th East Ave. will be closed on Monday, Jan. 21. It will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 22, to resume its normal schedule of seven days a week, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., except for City holidays.
Tulsa Parks offices and recreation centers all will be closed on Monday, Jan. 21, including Oxley Nature Center’s visitor center and Redbud Valley Nature Preserve. The Oxley Nature Center trails will be open. The Tulsa Garden Center will be closed on Monday, except for scheduled events.
The City of Tulsa Animal Welfare Shelter at 3031 N. Erie Ave. also will be closed on Monday, and will resume its regular schedule on Tuesday, Jan. 22. Except for City holidays, the Animal Welfare Shelter’s schedule is noon to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday. The shelter is closed on Sundays.
Mohawk Park Golf Course and Page Belcher Golf Course, as well as the Tulsa Zoo, will be open on Monday. Gilcrease Museum will be closed, according to its usual schedule. The Tulsa Performing Arts Center will be closed, but ticket sales will be available through www.tulsapac.com
Tulsa Transit will operate regular bus service on Monday, Jan. 21.
- Chocolate may be a better cough suppressant than cough syrup, study says
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- UCLA gymnast Katelyn Ohasi earns perfect 10 for floor exercise; internet goes wild
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Trump serves fast-food smorgasbord to Clemson Tigers during White House celebration
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.