TULSA, Okla. - The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office is looking for a man seen on surveillance video stealing groceries from a west Tulsa church Sunday night.
Hope Mission church says someone broke into their back wall, punched a hole through it, then crawled in.
That person ransacked the building -- going through the offering box and several offices. The church says the main items they got away with was the food meant for the community.
The church says they will not be able to serve its members for a week after the burglary.
About 30 families will be looking elsewhere for dinner as the church says several of them depend on those groceries that were stolen.
They were forced to cancel Tuesday night's service as they do not have any food in their food bank and continue to make repairs.
The pastor tells FOX23 he remains hopeful and faithful through this process. He says he hopes the community can come together to support their neighbors and provide food later in the week.
Anyone looking to donate to the church or learn more about their ministry can call (918) 698-2321 or donate online here.
- Lawsuit accuses Patriots WR Antonio Brown of rape
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Full harvest moon will bring spooky sight to the skies on Friday the 13th
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Bearded dragon found in backpack; child didn't want to leave 'Jango' home alone
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.