- Children will get to meet Santa during story time at Tulsa Central Library, and it’s all for a good cause. The event is Noon-4pm on Saturday, December 14 at Central Library located at 400 Civic Center in downtown Tulsa.
- The Event is inspired by Remi Matheson. Remi is the daughter of Dr. Derek Matheson and Chrysti Matheson, who live in Owasso.
- The Mathesons say that when Remi was 9 months, her family started seeing delays in hitting her milestones, which led to Remi’s diagnosis of Angelman Syndrome.
- Angelman Syndrome is a neurogenetic disorder causing developmental disabilities and nerve-related symptoms that affect approximately one in 15,000 people (about 500,000 worldwide).
- The family says they were devastated and immediately started learning everything they could about the syndrome. They doubled Remi’s therapies and got her a new team of doctors. Remi is making great strides, walking independently and signing some of her needs.
- There currently is no cure for Angelman Sydrome, however, Remi and her family are committed to raising $10,000 annually for FAST to fund research.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2020 © 2019 Cox Media Group