TULSA, Okla. — Happy birthday Tulsa!
Today marks the 120th birthday of the city of Tulsa. The city incorporated on January 18th, 1898 and elected the first mayor Edward Calkins. The population of the city was 1,000 at the time.
Tulsa is now the second largest city in Oklahoma with a population over 400,000.
To commemorate Tulsa's birth the Tulsa Historical Society is holding a special exhibit called Tulsa 120: Celebrating the Birth of a City.
The exhibit includes early Tulsa artifacts and photos from the time. It is open through April 30.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- 2 officers, drug suspect's mother hurt in officer-involved shooting
- Trending stories right on your Facebook feed
- Grand Jury considers indictment in Bixby sexual assault allegations
- Breaking news and weather alerts: FREE download
- Woman accused of killing father, encasing body in concrete for weeks
Cox Media Group