LONE WOLF, Okla. — Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers evacuated the residents of Lone Wolf Tuesday.
Officials said a cotton gin caught fire in Kiowa County around 3 p.m.
They said they had to evacuate the town, due to oil and chemicals from the gin. Officials said they were later able to bring the chemicals under control.
Another area building caught fire there as well.
State Highway 9 closed for heavy smoke.
Trending on FOX23
- Oklahoma Teacher Walkout: The latest from across the state
- Does your child have school?
- News that matters on your timeline: Follow FOX23 News on Facebook
- Schools tackle testing questions
- Services available to students and parents during Oklahoma teacher walkout
Cox Media Group