- ORLANDO, Fla. -
Noor Zahi Salman Mateen, the wife of Orlando massacre shooter Omar Mateen, is being considered for possible criminal charges, officials said.
Salman provided a written statement to the FBI that she knew about her husband's plan to carry out a mass shooting at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, a source told WFTV. The source said an arrest is possible, but if the woman's knowledge of the shooting is strong, she might not be arrested.
Salman lived in Rodeo, California, before marrying Mateen in 2013, according to the San Jose Mercury News. According to The Associated Press, an Aug. 30, 2013, property deed in Saint Lucie County, Florida, identified Salman and Mateen as a married couple.
Family members said the pair had a 3-year-old son.
Salman reportedly only returned home once during her marriage to Mateen, which was for the death of her father. According to the San Jose Mercury News, Mateen would not let Salman visit her family.
Here are other known facts about Salman Mateen, as reported by WFTV:
- Salman Mateen was born in May 1986, making her 30-years-old. She has long ties to the Rodeo area of California in Contra Costa County.
- Mortgage records from Saint Lucie County show that she signed a mortgage for $76,000 with Omar Mateen in August of 2013.
- Both she and Omar Mateen listed an apartment at South 17th Street in Fort Pierce as their address.
- It’s unclear when she and Omar Mateen were married.
- Omar Mateen’s previous wife, Sitora Yusufiy, has said her ex-husband was abusive, but she was unsure about growing speculation regarding his frequenting gay clubs.
- Salman Mateen is of of Palestinian origin.
- She moved to the US from Jordan in August 2006.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.