Peter Fonda, son of Henry Fonda, younger brother of Jane Fonda and father of Bridget Fonda has died at the age of 79.
The family confirmed to People magazine that the actor died after suffering respiratory failure due to lung cancer.
Born into Hollywood royalty as Henry Fonda’s only son, Peter Fonda carved his own path with his non-conformist tendencies and earned an Oscar nomination for co-writing “Easy Rider.” He never won an Oscar but would later be nominated for best actor in “Ulee’s Gold.”
The family says this is one of the saddest moments of their lives and asks for privacy.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Treasure hunter finds memory card from GoPro containing man's last moments
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and his wife survive fiery plane crash in Tennessee
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Jeffrey Epstein autopsy finds broken bones in his neck, report says
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.