NASH COUNTY, N.C. — A North Carolina woman was killed Tuesday when the cigarette she was smoking ignited her nearby oxygen tank, authorities said.
Emergency crews were called to Coble's home Tuesday morning, after officials said her cigarette caused a small explosion and fire that killed her, WITN reported.
Coble's husband was asleep in another room, WNCN reported. The explosion and the smoke alarm woke him up, the television station reported.
The woman's husband called 911 to report the fire, WRAL reported. He was able to extinguish the fire, which caused minimal property damage, according to a release from the Nash County Sheriff's Office.
Cox Media Group