LAS VEGAS — The mother of the Las Vegas police officer killed in the tragic mass shooting earlier this month has died after suffering a heart attack hours after his funeral.
According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Sheryl Stiles was in town to lay her son Charleston Hartfield to rest when she had a heart attack while riding an escalator and fell down it, sustaining damaging brain injuries in the process. With most of her family in town for Hartfield's funeral, they made the tough decision to take her off life support two days later.
“I talked to the chaplain of Metro,” her cousin Cecil Ralston said. “He told me she kept saying, ‘Oh, I want to stay, I want to be with Charleston,’ that she wanted to die.”
Trending on FOX23.com
- Young father killed by rock thrown from overpass; teenagers arrested
- Vegetables sold at Walmart, Trader Joe's recalled for Listeria
- The news that matters in your timeline- 'Like' FOX23 News
- South Tulsa homeowner says thief spent nearly an hour stealing from her home
- Police investigate after 65 pounds of marijuana arrives with Florida couple's Amazon order
© 2020 Cox Media Group