The cause of death for actress Mary Tyler Moore has been revealed, according to a report from celebrity gossip site TMZ.
A death certificate obtained by TMZ showed Moore died in Greenwich, Connecticut, where she made her home for years, at Greenwich Hospital.
People reported that Moore was initially hospitalized because she had pneumonia, due to diabetes complications.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Cocaine found on AA plane at TIA
- Deadly wreck closes I-44 exit ramp
- Suspect car hits Sallisaw officer in narcotics bust
- The Latest: German government condemns Quebec mosque attack
- Florida woman jailed again to protect unborn baby from heroin
According to the certificate, Moore died of aspiration pneumonia, which is a lung infection, hypoxia, in which body tissues are not getting enough oxygen, and diabetes mellitus. Those conditions led her to die of cardiopulmonary arrest.
Moore had been battling Type 1 diabetes since she was 33 years old. The actress died at 80 years old.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.