• Man from India dies after being sucked into MRI machine

    By: Bob D'Angelo, Cox Media Group National Content Desk

    MUMBAI, India -

    A 32-year-old man from India died Saturday night after allegedly walking into a magnetic resonance imaging room with an oxygen cylinder and being sucked into the MRI machine, NDTV reported Sunday.

    >> Read more trending news

    Rajesh Maru was at a Mumbai hospital and walked into the MRI room with a metal cylinder and was pulled into the machine because of its magnetic force, FirstPost reported. Any object containing metal is not allowed inside an MRI room, and the machine was supposed to be turned off, NDTV reported.

    Harish Solanki, Maru's brother-in-law, alleged that a ward boy at

    BYL Nair Charitable Hospital asked the victim to go inside with the cylinder. 

    According to a Times Now report, Solanski said, “When we told him that metallic things aren't allowed inside an MRI room, he said ‘sab chalta hai, hamara roz ka kaam hai’ (it's fine, we do it every day).”

    Solanski said he blamed the hospital for medical negligence, Times Now reported. He added that he and the ward boy managed to pull Maru out of the MRI but “his body was swollen and he was bleeding heavily,” NDTV reported.

    Maru was taken to the hospital’s emergency ward but was pronounced dead within 10 minutes, NDTV reported.

    A complaint was registered against the hospital’s doctor, Siddhant Shah; ward boy Vitthal Chavan; and ward attendant Sunita Surve, according to the New Indian Express. All three were arrested Sunday morning, police said.

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Man from India dies after being sucked into MRI machine

  • Headline Goes Here

    Younger white and Hispanic women more likely to get lung cancer than…

  • Headline Goes Here

    Subtropical Storm Alberto strengthens bringing gusty winds, heavy rains,…

  • Headline Goes Here

    Dog abandoned with ‘free,' ‘good home only' written on it in permanent marker

  • Headline Goes Here

    Antidepressants may be linked to  obesity, study says