A Florida man allegedly left a child inside a hot car while he ate lunch and then asked deputies, “What’s the big deal?”
Dillon Roberts, 20, of Malone, went into a Hardee’s restaurant when deputies received a call about a young child left inside a car, the Northwest Florida Daily News reported.
The child was said to have been left for approximately 20 to 30 minutes as the outside temperatures exceeded 90 degrees, according to the Northwest Florida Daily News.
When deputies arrived, the child and Roberts were inside the restaurant, but “the child’s face was red and his clothes were wet due to him sweating profusely,” the Northwest Florida Daily News reported.
Deputies questioned Roberts about the incident and Roberts replied, “What’s the big deal? I cracked the window,” according to the Northwest Florida Daily News.
Roberts faces child abuse charges.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Man kills mother's friend for hitting on his imaginary girlfriend, say police
- Homeless Tulsa man reunited with son after years apart
- Las Vegas shooting victim awakens from coma, takes first steps
- Police: Bluetooth can be used to detect card skimmers
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.