Fire department warns: Don't plug space heaters into power strips

There’s a chill in the air now that we’re inching toward winter, and some may be breaking out their space heaters to cut down on their power or gas bills.

But a fire department in Oregon has a scary warning for those who depend on supplemental heat: Stay safe and don't use a power strip, KATU reported.

Firefighters at Umatilla County Fire District #1 posted a warning on their Facebook page showing what could happen if power strips are used with space heaters.