• Copperhead snake bites woman inside Longhorn Steakhouse; I felt ‘excruciating pain'

    By: Sandra Nortunen, Palm Beach Post


    A Virginia woman on her way to dinner at a Longhorn Steakhouse was bitten three times by a venomous copperhead snake inside the restaurant. 

    >> Read more trending news

    Snake bite victim Rachel Myrick was walking through the second set of entry doors at the restaurant in Spotsylvania County earlier this month when she felt an excruciating pain in her foot, according to WJHL-TV.

    “Initially it felt like I was stung by a bee or a hornet or something ... I reached down and grabbed my foot because of the amount of pain and under my fingers felt it wiggle,” Myrick told the TV station.

    >> Related: Florida man accused of pouring scalding water over 2-year-old

    Before she could figure out what was happening, she told the news station that the snake bit her two more times. 

    After shaking it loose, her boyfriend and son killed the snake by stomping on it. 

    “I’ve bred and raised reptiles for 15 years,” her boyfriend, Michael Clem, told  Fredricksburg.com.

    “There was no question what it was.”

    She has since spent several days in the hospital and is facing about three months recovery, she told WJHL. 

    Longhorn Steakhouse said in a statement it is looking into how the snake attack occurred and is taking steps to prevent an incident like this from happening again.

    >> Related: Rescuers help stranded dolphin in Keys


    Next Up: