EAST PALESTINE, Ohio - An 8-year-old Ohio boy got behind the wheel of his father’s van and drove to McDonald’s with his 4-year-old sister, according to police.
WFMJ reported that the boy pulled up to the drive-thru restaurant in East Palestine, Ohio, around 8 p.m. Sunday after driving about a half-mile from his home.
The children’s parents were sleeping.
Police told WFMJ that the boy learned how to drive from videos on YouTube. Witnesses told officers that the boy followed the rules of the road by stopping for lights and obeying speed limits.
The children ate at McDonald’s while they waited for their grandparents to pick them up.
Police said no charges will be filed.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Comedian Charlie Murphy, brother of Eddie Murphy, dies at 57
- One arrested after Broken Arrow standoff
- DHS investigates abuse allegations at Tulsa mental health facility
- Hospital grants dying man's last wish for glass of wine, cigarette
- J. Geils Band founder, guitarist found dead in home
© 2018 Cox Media Group.