A Pennsylvania woman said her son drank half of an adult milkshake that included vodka before she looked at the receipt and realized what had happened.
“You're just in such shock and you don't know to scream or cry or what you should do because you're supposed to protect your child,” said Brianne Mckee.
Mckee said she was furious at the restaurant’s mistake, which allowed her 4-year-old son, Stryler, to drink vodka.
She said she had taken her son to the hamburger restaurant BRGR in Cranberry Township in western Pennsylvania on Sunday and ordered food and drinks.
As a treat, Stryler got a milkshake to go, then Mckee saw the receipt which showed the smores milkshake was the adult version with alcohol.
BRGR sent the following statement confirming the mistake:
“We sincerely apologize to the family involved. This is unacceptable and we are taking this matter very seriously.”
BRGR gave Mckee a refund on her order, but she said the management wasn’t really concerned about the mistake until she posted about it on Facebook.
“They didn't care. Nobody cared. And I'm getting loud. It was like nobody had kids. No one understood why I am so heartsick,” Mckee said.
BRGR says they are reviewing their training procedures on alcohol safety to make sure this doesn't’t happen again.
Mckee took her son to their doctor today and they’re running some tests just as a precaution.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.