TULSA, Okla. — A crowd of concertgoers became unruly after Tulsa's BOK Center announced that the Travis Scott concert scheduled for Monday night had been postponed.
Arena officials said that “technical productions issues” caused the show to be rescheduled for March 26.
That didn’t appear to appease fans who had already gathered outside the arena. The show was hours away from starting when the news of the postponement broke. Some members of the crowd threw objects, including a security barrier. Others attempted to rush the front doors of the BOK Center.
Tulsa police said pepper balls and pepper spray was used to help disperse the crowd. Officers told FOX23 no arrests were made and no one was hurt. However, they are looking to identify the people in some of the videos that have surfaced as they could face charges for destruction of property and malicious mischief.
Scott tweeted an apology at 7:30 p.m. for moving the show. He told fans he didn’t want to give them an “incomplete show.”
BOK Center officials said that all tickets for Monday’s performance would be honored March 26. Refunds will be available at the point of purchase.
© 2019 Cox Media Group