TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Kristin Hutcherson, a Hoover Elementary gym teacher, died
- Hutcherson was not at school Monday or Tuesday because of "flu-like" symptoms
- TPS officials say student and family support teams responded to help students
- She was 42 years old; she leaves behind 2 children
- WATCH the full report above.
The district released a statement on Hutcherson's death:
We are all deeply saddened by the tragic passing of Hoover Elementary teacher Kristin Hutcherson. Kristin was an beloved member of the Hoover family. She was dedicated teacher, treasured friend and colleague, and devoted mother, wife, and daughter. This is an incredibly difficult time for all those who knew and loved her, and we are keeping them in our thoughts and prayers. Right now, what matters most is that we do all that we can to support Kristin’s family, friends, and loved ones through this heartbreaking tragedy.
In difficult situations like this one, our Office of Student and Family Support Services responds immediately to provide support to staff and make referrals to our Employee Assistance Program. Students often look to their teachers to help make sense of information that can seem unimaginable, and our counselors and social workers assist teachers with age-appropriate ways to have these difficult conversations. Our team members can also provide on-site counseling for students and teachers who need it, as well as give referrals for longer term services. Our network support services team has been at Hoover since the early morning, and we will continue to work with school leaders, teachers, and students for as long as necessary.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Investigation underway after alleged triple murder, suicide in Morris
- Lady Gaga responds to body shamers
- Report: T.J. Maxx, Marshalls instructed employees to trash Ivanka Trump merchandise signs
- Elizabeth Warren silenced after reading Coretta Scott King's 1986 letter against Jeff Sessions
- Motions reveal new details in retrial of former TPD officer
© 2018 Cox Media Group.