TULSA, Okla. - Tulsa Public Schools is looking to help parents prepare for the upcoming 2019-20 school year.
The new school year begins Wednesday, August 21.
“We’ve got an exciting year of teaching and learning in store for our kids, and we’re eager to welcome Tulsa students and families back to school on August 21,” said Superintendent Deborah A. Gist. “We hope that students will develop good attendance habits early in the year, and we encourage parents to talk with their children about the importance of getting to school on time every day. Students can fall behind even if they miss just a day or two every few months – every minute of learning matters.”
The district is looking to steer parents toward helpful information that can be found on their website here.
Families are being reminded of a handful of ways they can prepare for the upcoming year:
- Be sure to enroll before the year begins online here or by coming to the district's Enrollment Center at 2819 S. New Haven Ave between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on weekdays
- School Calendar, bell times, bus routes, school supply list, uniforms
- Visit the district's Back to School page here
- Mobile Alerts
- Emergency weather closings and delayed starts can be received via text by texting "Y" or "Yes" to 67587 to opt-in to text messages
Additional enrollment support for families living in north Tulsa will be available on Enrollment Days in room 121 in the Alcott building at 525 East 46th Street North.
Enrollment Days are as follows:
- Tuesday, August 6 from 8 a.m. - noon
- Thursday, August 8 from 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 13 from 8 a.m. – noon
- Experts: Mental illness not main driver of mass shootings
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Brazilian gang leader reportedly tries to escape jail dressed up as daughter
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation launches online background check system
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.