JAY, Okla. - ATTENTION: A Boil Water Advisory is in effect in Jay and the mayor is asking people to conserve water while power to the water station is out.
- Delaware County emergency officials confirmed a tornado hit the city of Jay.
- US 59 NORTHBOUND AND SOUTHBOUND FROM COUNTY ROAD 380 TO ½ SOUTH INTO JAY CITY LIMITS IS SHUT DOWN FOR SAFETY REASONS FOR RESCUE OPERATIONS IN DELAWARE COUNTY.
- Officials say four or five houses were hit with significant damage and three people suffered minor injuries.
- A National Weather Service survey team found damage consistent with an EF-2 tornado.
- EMS, police, local officials, and neighbors all say an elderly woman died in the lead up to the tornado while on her way to a storm shelter -- officials say it was some kind of heart attack or panic attack.
- PHOTOS: Tornado damage in Jay, Delaware County
- Crews managed to rescue one person trapped in a home.
- The entire town of Jay is without power -- including the water plant -- so residents are being asked to conserve water.
- Sheriff's office officials have lost their frequency, so they have are having communications problems.
- People who have medical needs are advised to go to the nursing home on Monroe Street.
- Watch the videos above for full reports from Delaware County.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
FOX23's Preston Jones showed some of the damage to a home the following morning on the FOX23 Facebook page:
- Massive American flag at RV dealership leads to fines, legal action
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Homeless teen who became valedictorian shares heartbreaking story during graduation
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- NWS preliminary rating for north Tulsa tornado: EF-1
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.