OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Thunder are offering a different way to help teachers in Oklahoma.
The franchise is offering its Thunder StatLab program for local teachers to register for only in the state -- and only for 7th and 8th-grade classes.
Turn your classroom into a Thunder StatLab!— OKC THUNDER (@okcthunder) September 10, 2019
Registered classrooms have a chance to receive $5,000 worth of technology upgrades and shoes for the entire class. Tag a teacher who could benefit!
More Info: https://t.co/Bvtw81LE2A pic.twitter.com/egnUeQPKVK
The program uses the game of basketball to help teach the importance of statistics to students.
Registered classrooms can receive $5,000 worth of technology upgrades and shoes for the entire class.
"Every month, you’ll have a new activity to use in your classroom. We’ll choose one registered classroom that completes and submits an activity each month to get a special visit from the Thunder. Selected teachers will receive $5,000 worth of technology upgrades for their classrooms and a pair of sneakers for every student." - Oklahoma City Thunder
Participants can tag and share their class with #THUNDERSTATLAB.
- MUST SEE: Toddler best friends run towards each other
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Alabama high school removes bathroom stall doors to prevent vaping
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Day of the Dead Barbie to hit store shelves
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
Cosplay 101 at Wizard World Comic-Con in Tulsa
© 2019 Cox Media Group.