BROKEN ARROW, Okla. — Broken Arrow police say they are searching for two people accused of stealing thousands of dollars’ worth of cell phones overnight.
The pair came into the Walmart on Kenosha just after 3:30 a.m., according to police.
The suspects reportedly broke into the locked cell phone case and took 13 phones valued at more than $11,000.
They then allegedly left the store before officers arrived.
Police have registered all the serial numbers of the stolen phones, so they will be flagged if anyone tries to sell them.
Officers said a similar theft happened at the same Walmart about a year ago, and the suspects at that point broke the glass to get into the case.
Police did not have any surveillance footage of the suspects, and Walmart officials said it is their policy not to release footage to the media.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- 918 Flea Market opens in Tulsa's iconic Rose Bowl
- Download the FOX23 News and Weather apps
- Firewood stolen from Broken Arrow church
- Join the conversation- 'Like' FOX23 News on Facebook
- Medical marijuana seen at risk following move by Sessions
Cox Media Group