TULSA, Okla. - The Tulsa Classroom Teachers Association (TCTA) is taking Tulsa Public Schools’ graduations as an opportunity to get local residents registered to vote.
TCTA officials said they are talking to families and graduating seniors alike.
They said that it is important that all eligible Oklahoma voters get to the polls to better the education system after the recent teacher walkout.
Even before the walkout, though, officials said they held voter registration drives at farmers’ markets and festivals around Tulsa.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Get severe weather alerts, live streams and the latest conditions- download the FOX23 Weather app
- WATCH: Fiona the hippo gives mom hugs and kisses at Cincinnati Zoo
- Need a boost? Check out FOX23’s Good News feed
- Fallen Oklahoma officers to be honored at D.C. vigil
- Local art to be celebrated at Tulsa's Blue Dome Arts Festival
© 2019 Cox Media Group.