TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Tulsa County Sheriff's Office says Robert Bever attempted suicide in his cell
- Incident happened on June 17
- He attempted to hang himself, was found and cut down
- Medical exam showed no injuries
- He is now on suicide watch
One of two brothers accused of killing five family members in their Broken Arrow home is recovering after attempting to take his own life.
Tulsa County Sheriff's Officials told FOX23 Robert Bever, 18, attempted to hang himself in his cell inside the medical unit. A staff member found him and cut him down. A medical examination showed he had no injuries.
Bever and his younger brother, Michael, are accused of stabbing their parents and three siblings to death. Another sibling survived the attack .
The Bever brothers are scheduled to be arraigned on Monday.
Cox Media Group