Legislators are bound by the state's constitution to pass revenue-raising measures by Sunday or be forced to call a special session to complete work on the budget for the fiscal year that begins July 1.
One sticking point during Saturday's negotiations was a proposal by Democrats to increase the gross production tax on oil and natural gas wells from its current 2 percent level up to as much as 5 percent on a sliding scale.
Oklahoma's oil and natural gas industry and some Republican leaders have said that too much of a tax increase could prompt companies to drill in other states.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Juror shares letter from Betty Shelby trial
- Betty Shelby police interview released, Shelby will return to TPD
- Pit bull will begin stint as Ohio police K-9
- Report: White House official subject of Russia probe
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.