TAHLEQUAH, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Skylar Green was put on leave in late July
- He was accused of abusing his power during an incident at Ned’s Bar
- City councilors voted Tuesday night to fire the officer
A Tahlequah officer lost his job Tuesday night after a city council meeting.
City Councilors voted to fire Skylar Green, citing policy violations.
Green was put on leave in late July after an incident at Ned's Bar. After the incident, he was accused of abusing his power.
City councilors did not confirm what policies Green violated to prompt the firing. FOX23 is looking deeper into those accusations and how they may relate to the abuse of power investigation.
- Tahlequah officer fired after abuse of power allegations
- New law allows female WWII pilot to be inurned at Arlington
- DA could seek death penalty at Bever arraignment
- Apple to show off new iPhones and maybe new ways to listen
- Officer comments after Muskogee pepper spray incident spark controversy
© 2019 Cox Media Group.