TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Kim Bowman, previously arrested on child porn complaints, was charged with child sex abuse Monday.
- Bowman is a suspended Tulsa Zoo train conductor.
- A judge told Bowman to consult with an attorney before pleading guilty.
A child sex abuse charge has been filed against a suspended Tulsa Zoo train conductor arrested last week on child porn charges.
FOX23 was the only media at an Osage County courthouse for Kim Bowman’s arraignment and to hear what he said as he appeared via video conference from jail.
A judge said he would enter a not guilty plea for him. Bowman then said, “Can I just go ahead and plead guilty, get it over with?"
The judge then informed him of the time he was facing in jail with the charges and encouraged him to talk with an attorney first.
Bowman has a $1 million dollar bond for the child sex abuse charge and a $1 million dollar bond for child porn charges filed last week.
Documents show that the suspect did not reportedly meet the alleged victim, believed to be around age 8, at the zoo.
- Trump transition team: Tillerson officially nominated for Sec. of State
- Suspect in Broken Arrow attack surrenders to police
- Family fears Tulsa woman who disappeared in November may be in danger
- Police: Clerk's close eye may have prevented 150 cases of identity theft
- Funeral, donation arrangements made for Broken Arrow officer killed in crash
© 2018 Cox Media Group.