TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
Several people called 911 about a robbery at the QuikTrip near 31st and Sheridan around 3 a.m. Monday.
Police arrived and found the victim and suspect.
Police said the victim went to QuikTrip to get food for his family and a man on a bike asked him for money. He said no.
When he came out of the store he said the man had a knife.
Police said the suspect confronted the victim with a knife, the victim defended himself with his hands and the suspect went to his car across the street and called 911 and said he was the victim.
QuikTrip surveillance video picked up the entire thing.
Jose Espada-LaPorte faces charges of assault with a deadly weapon and armed robbery.
The victim has minor injuries and did not need medical treatment.
- Tulsa man wins $1 million Powerball drawing
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Washington woman sent to hospital after posing with octopus on face
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- DOT disallows Delta ban on pit bulls as service animals
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.