BROKEN ARROW, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Elizabeth Rodriguez is the suspect getaway driver in a deadly Broken Arrow home invasion this week.
- Three teens broke into a home and were shot to death by a resident inside.
- RELATED: Slain teen suspects identified after Wagoner County shooting
- Rodriguez turned herself in to law enforcement. Officials said she organized the crime.
- FOX23’s Katie Higgins talked with Rodriguez from the Wagoner County jail Thursday. See her interview in the videos below.
Elizabeth Rodriguez is in jail for her alleged role in a deadly Broken Arrow home invasion this week.
Officials said she was the getaway driver for three teenagers who broke into the house. However, a resident was home and shot all three of them to death.
Rodriguez spoke with FOX23 News from the Wagoner County Jail on Thursday and said they knew what could happen going into the crime.
“We always said if there were guns (it’s) every man for themselves,” Rodriguez said.
She was arrested on three counts of first degree burglary and three counts of first degree murder.
In Oklahoma, those believed to be committing a felony that results in a death can face murder charges, even if they did not actually kill anyone.
However, she doesn’t agree with charges.
“I feel responsible for the actions that were taken place and I feel sad and upset about their deaths and their murders. But I don’t feel responsible for their murders,” Rodriguez said.
A fifth person was in the car at the time of the burglary but officials have not filed any charges against her. She has not been identified.
See portions of her interview with FOX23’s Katie Higgins below.
Trending Now on FOX23.com:
- Police search for suspect after north Tulsa shooting
- Ford recalling 441,000 vehicles over engine fires, faulty door latches
- Tulsa Christian school principal arrested for child porn
- Human waste found in Coca-Cola cans in Northern Ireland
- Deputies seek public's help in finding missing man near Deep Fork River
© 2019 Cox Media Group.