STILLWATER, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Adacia Chambers faces murder and assault charges
- She is accused of driving her car into the 2015 OSU Homecoming parade route
- Her trial was scheduled for Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- Early Tuesday, she was offered a plea deal
- FOX23 learned she will be sentenced to four life sentences as part of a plea deal
The woman accused of killing 4 and injuring dozens took a plea deal Tuesday morning.
FOX23 first began reporting about Adacia Chambers in 2015, when prosecutors say she drove her car through the OSU Homecoming parade route.
Tuesday morning, Chambers was offered a plea deal; victims and families wanted her to take the deal.
FOX23 learned the deal means she is going to be sentenced to four life sentences.Chambers changed her plea to no contest and was sentences to four life sentences for 2nd degree murder.
She also had sentences for dozens of assault charges, those 39 10-year sentences will run concurrently after her life sentences. Three of the counts were dropped because the victims are in China and could not be located.
Trending on FOX23.com:
- Cleaner rescued from duct work of Tulsa restaurant
- Man fined $128 for warming up car in his own driveway
- Green Country's 'Pioneer Woman' mourns loss of 'Charlie the Ranch Dog'
- Alleged K2 'kingpin' of Tulsa could be deported to Pakistan after time in prison
- Dairy Queen closed after owner's alleged racist remarks
Chambers' attorneys fought to have the charges dropped, citing her as mentally unfit to stand trial. Evaluations suggested she was OK.
Another defense brought up by her counsel included a diabetic episode.
Family members of the deceased and survivors brought a civil case against Chambers, looking for compensation for damages.
That case has been postponed pending Chambers' trial.
Chambers' family and attorney held a news conference Tuesday afternoon to raise awareness for mental illness.
Chambers' attorney urged residents to pressure their Oklahoma legislators to make mental health a priority in the Sooner State.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.