TULSA, Okla. — Quick facts:
- Chase Young faces 18 felony charges.
- He says police are after him.
- He was arrested again Monday.
- FOX23 got a chance to talk to him.
A suspect facing more than a dozen felony charges in Green Country says he's innocent and the police are out to get him.
Tulsa police say Chase Young is a serial thief.
Detectives believe he is the man to blame for several dozen storage unit break-ins.
Right now, Young faces 18 felony charges in four different cases for things like burglary, possession of stolen cars, theft, drugs and guns.
Tulsa police tracked down and arrested Young again Monday for not showing up and court.
The Tulsa police gang unit said they found Young at the Knights Inn near I-44 and Yale.
Officers say they recovered a stolen 1970s corvette in the parking lot of the motel that Young and his girlfriend, Jena Spitler, allegedly had the owner’s manual to the vehicle.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- New murder trial begins against former TPD officer
- One killed at doorstep of north Tulsa football watch party
- State of the State address planned
- Group raises money for Leon Russell memorial in Tulsa
- FOX23 Investigates: Could millions in DeVos family donations sway senate confirmation votes?
The victim told FOX23 on scene that someone took the car from her house, which is not far from the motel, on Saturday.
Detectives say they found four big boxes of other stuff they believe to be stolen in the room where Young and Spitler were staying when they served a search warrant.
While they were serving the search warrant, Young talked with FOX23.
He says he is innocent. He believes that the Tulsa police department is after him.
He claims that some of the stuff they have been found to be stolen in search warrants before has been returned to him and that he has paperwork for all of the stolen vehicles he has been arrested in, but that the briefcase they were in disappeared from his storage unit.
Young and Spitler both were arrested.
Cox Media Group