TULSA, Okla. - Tulsa police are looking to identify the person they say beat up a woman and robbed her when she was trying to help him.
Police say the man walked up to victim outside the QuikTrip near I-44 and Peoria on December 17, claimed to be down on his luck and asked for money.
Police say when the woman went to get her wallet, the suspect punched her in the face and stole her stuff.
Detectives say they want to identify the suspect quickly before he tries to repeat the stunt on someone else.
Police say after the robbery, the suspect got into the car with a woman, and they drove away in a white SUV.
Officials from QuikTrip released a statement in reference to the crime:
"It is unfortunate that someone trying to help their fellow citizen, ends up being a victim. We are pleased that our surveillance video will assist law enforcement in apprehending the individual."
If you have any information, call Crimestoppers at 918-596-COPS.
Trending on FOX23.com
- Winter weather: What is the coldest temperature ever recorded in each state?
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $418 million; Powerball at $440 million
- PSO says customers hit all-time peak in winter electricity usage Monday
- The news that matters to you on Facebook
- Chocolate could disappear as early as 2050, scientists say
© 2018 Cox Media Group.