TULSA, Okla. - Tulsa Public Schools participated in Walk to School Day on Wednesday, October 10.
Over 300 students, as well as teachers, parents, and community members, met and walked as a group to school Wednesday morning.
The groups gathered at various sites around Tulsa to meet and walk together to their respective schools.
"International Walk to School Day is a global event that involves communities from more than 40 countries walking and biking to school on the same day. Thousands of schools across America – from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico – participate every October. Walk to School Day events help to raise awareness of the need for safe routes for walking and bicycling and to emphasize the importance of physical activity. These special events also help to build connections between families, schools, and the broader community" - Tulsa Public Schools
The participating Tulsa schools and their meeting sites are listed here:
- Anderson Elementary: Meeting at 7:00 a.m. at Apache & Wheeling Crosswalk.
- Celia Clinton Elementary: Meeting at 7:10 a.m. at end of Seminole St., near the school.
- Dolores Huerta Elementary: Meeting at 7:05 a.m. at Community Baptist Church, 2805 S. Garnett Rd.
- Disney Elementary: Meeting at 7:00 a.m. at Christview Christian Church, 2525 S. Garnett Rd.
- Hoover Elementary: Meeting at 7:10 a.m. at Agape Bible Church, 2111 S. Darlington Ave.
- Key Elementary: Meeting at 6:45 a.m. at northeast corner of the Tandy YMCA, 5005 S Darlington Ave.
- Lindbergh: Meeting at 7:00 a.m. at Boeing Park, S. 91st E. Ave. and E. 9th St.
- Marshall Elementary: Meeting at 7:00 a.m. at southeast corner of school playground, 1142 E. 56th St.
- McClure Elementary: Meeting at 6:30 a.m. at Heller Park, 56 St. and Utica Ave.
- Salk Elementary: Meeting at 6:45 a.m. at Sungate Pool, 5358 S. 70 East Pl.
- Indiana dad warns parents about mold in Capri Sun pouches
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Halloween: Some towns ban teens from trick-or-treating
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Mexican couple found pushing baby stroller full of body parts
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.