TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Union Public School officials said a student brought a gun to the Union Freshman Academy on Monday.
- School officials said they were investigating the possibility of students vaping in the bathroom when the student told them the gun was in his backpack.
- The student and the gun were secured. Law enforcement was notified.
- He told the administrators he had the gun with him for protection outside of school and had no intention to use at school for any reason.
- The student was removed from the building and charges are pending.
School officials sent this letter to parents after the incident:
© 2020 Cox Media Group