TULSA, Okla. — QUICK FACTS:
- The Stroud Community is mourning the loss of a hometown hero
- Stroud firefighters say 23-year-old Michael Alcorn was critically injured in a multi-car accident Monday on the Turner Turnpike.
- The volunteer fire department says they responded to the accident out of their jurisdiction because they were already nearby helping in another accident on the highway.
- Firefighters say they had no idea that they would be responding to help out one of their own firefighters.
- They say Alcorn, who worked at the Stroud Fire Department for three years was transported to the St. Francis hospital where he later died Thursday.
- Family says he has a young daughter and he and his girlfriend were expecting another child.
- Alcorn's funeral is planned for Wednesday morning.
© 2020 Cox Media Group