TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Steve Largent and Dallas Cowboys legend Ed "Too Tall" Jones helped kick off a prostate cancer screening campaign at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.
- The first 2000 to sign up through October 15th will get free prostate cancer screening at any LabCorp location in the U.S.
- Largent says positive diagnosis of friend, fellow Hall of Famer Mike Haynes, is what opened his eyes to prostate cancer awareness.
- Jones says early diagnosis is key to treatment and quality of life.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Mom starved, locked son in feces-covered 'torture chamber' for years
- Tulsa-area team to bring 300 animals from flooded Houston
- Viral photo shows deputy resting after night of rescuing Harvey survivors from floodwaters
- Mass. sheriff wants to send prisoners to help clean up Houston
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.