TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Officials said Stanley Majors died in prison early Thursday morning.
- Majors died in the infirmary at Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester.
- Majors was convicted of first-degree murder misdemeanor counts of malicious intimidation and harassment which is known as a hate crime.
- Majors shot and killed his neighbor Khalid Jabara in 2016.
- READ MORE: Jury recommends life without parole in south Tulsa murder case
- WATCH FOX23's Sharon Phillips's full report on FOX23 News at 5.
The family of Khalid Jabara gave FOX23 the following statement on the death of Stanley Majors:
"We have been informed of his death and are working through the emotions that come with that. The news of his death came on the third anniversary of the date he ran over our mother and one month after the second anniversary of Khalid’s death. We continue to work to honor Khalid’s memory, advocating for bail reform, victims’ rights, and combating hate. This news does nothing to change that focus." - Jabara family
- Teen girl stabbed, killed by high school classmate in fight over boy, police say
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Marijuana use among young adults is at an all-time high, study finds
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Trump OKs sanctions for future foreign election meddling
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.