TULSA, Okla. - Several events are scheduled in Green Country leading up to St. Patrick’s Day on March 17.
Though St. Patrick’s Day is not a federally recognized holiday in the United States, it is still celebrated each March 17 by people all over the country.
“The first celebration of Patrick’s life was an annual religious holiday held on March 17, the day it is believed that he died. The celebrations were feast days in honor of Patrick, who introduced Christianity to Ireland in the fifth century.”
Here’s a roundup of some of the St. Patrick’s Day events you can attend this year:
Tulsa Irish Festival: Guthrie Green on March 15 and 16 from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m., on Friday and 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday.
St. Patrick’s Day Run: Runners World Tulsa on March 16 starting at 8:30 a.m.
Claremore St. Paddy’s Day Party: Main Street Tavern on March 17 from 12p.m to 10 p.m.
Downtown Tulsa Annual St. Patrick’s Day Street Party: March 18 at McNellie’s in downtown Tulsa.
- Genealogy, DNA solve case of newborn left to freeze to death in ditch 38 years ago
- Teen sentenced to probation in crash that killed three pedestrians, including baby
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Mom walked in on man molesting her 7-year-old daughter, deputies say
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.