SKIATOOK, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Oklahoma beekeepers said historic flooding this spring had an effect on their hives and honey production.
- The owner of Skiatook Bee Supply told FOX23 several beekeepers across the state lost beehives when floodwater washed them away.
- People managed to save some bees when hives were found floating in the water.
- Skiatook Bee Supply did not experience any flooding, but the heavy rain kept their bees from mating. The extra rain also created too much moisture in some of the honey supply.
- See Tom Hanks as Mister Rogers in 'A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood' trailer
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Tiny, glow-in-the-dark shark discovered in Gulf of Mexico
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- All-women's fire crew heading to Alaska to help battle wildfires
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.