JENKS, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Joseph Gomes disappeared from Jenks Tuesday.
- Family members say he has developmental disabilities.
- A search is underway.
The search is on for a local teen with special needs.
Joseph Gomes, 17, reportedly went to school last Tuesday, but he hasn't been seen since.Gomes is 5'11 and 145 pounds.
The Jenks High School student was seen in his last class of the day, but his sister said she never saw him get on the bus. Jenks Public Schools said there are no signs he ever left campus.
Family says Gomes has some developmental disabilities. His father says his son needs medicine. They do not think he is a runaway.
Family members say they worry Gomes has wandered off and may be in danger.
Bridging the Gap, the search and rescue group founded after Ben Baber and Cody Parrick disappeared from Rocklahoma in 2015, are helping with the search.
WATCH: FOX23 was there as the search continued Monday:
Tuesday, Jenks Public Schools asked anyone to come forward with information on Gomes:
"Please contact Jenks Campus Police (918-607-0142), the Jenks Police Department (918-299-6311), or any local law enforcement agency if you have seen Joseph Gomes or have information which could lead to his location."
Trending on FOX23
- Shots fired during a home invasion in east Tulsa
- Special needs teen missing from Jenks
- Dense Fog Advisory issued for parts of Green Country
- Jake Harris of "Deadliest Catch" recovering after beating
- Army vet humiliated when free meal taken back on Veterans Day
© 2019 Cox Media Group.