Sonic Drive-Ins have a new owner.
Sonic Corp. agreed to be acquired by Inspire Brands, Inc. in a $2.3 billion transaction they announced Tuesday morning.
The transaction is still subject to approval by Sonic shareholders.
Inspire is a multi-brand restaurant company that holds over 4,700 Arby's, Buffalo Wild Wings and Rusty Taco locations worldwide.
The first version of a Sonic Drive-in opened in Shawnee, Oklahoma in 1953. Their corporate offices are located in Oklahoma City.
- Student lies under flag to make sure it doesn't touch the ground
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Florida principal armed with gun to protect against school shootings
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- 47 dogs died after PetSmart grooming, investigation says
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2020 Cox Media Group