Sonic Drive-Ins have a new owner.
Sonic Corp. agreed to be acquired by Inspire Brands, Inc. in a $2.3 billion transaction they announced Tuesday morning.
The transaction is still subject to approval by Sonic shareholders.
Inspire is a multi-brand restaurant company that holds over 4,700 Arby's, Buffalo Wild Wings and Rusty Taco locations worldwide.
“We have tremendous respect for Sonic’s exceptional team of employees and franchise owners, who have built one of the industry’s most distinctive restaurant brands.
We’re excited to build on Sonic’s momentum as we leverage our combined expertise and capabilities to better serve guests, further support team members and franchisees and drive long-term growth.” - Paul Brown, Inspire Brands CEO.
The first version of a Sonic Drive-in opened in Shawnee, Oklahoma in 1953. Their corporate offices are located in Oklahoma City.
- Student lies under flag to make sure it doesn’t touch the ground
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Florida principal armed with gun to protect against school shootings
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- 47 dogs died after PetSmart grooming, investigation says
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.