TULSA, Okla. - The Akdar Shrine is stepping in to help a child whose mother is now in jail, accused of abusing him.
FOX23 told you in late January when Tulsa Police arrested Mikell Wortham.
Police said she wasn’t feeding her four-year-old boy and that she admitted to pouring boiling water on him for punishment.
The boy now has permanent scars on his face from the water.
The Shriners said they saw the news report and called Hilcrest to see how they could help.
They have been in touch with the boy’s foster parents, and if they agree, the Shriners said they are going to take the boy to their burn hospital in Galveston for plastic surgery.
The Galveston hospital is one of more than 20 Shriners hospitals nationwide that are dedicated to helping kids.
Anyone can ask for their help.
For more information or to donate go to http://akdarshrine.org/
Trending Now on FOX23
- 71 dead after passenger plane crashes near Moscow, Russia's transport minister says
- Download the FOX23 News app for breaking news and weather alerts on your device
- "All Black Town" produces first black woman Mayor, educators and businessmen
- Police investigate north Tulsa homicide
- Pawhuska group takes in animals from abusive homes
© 2018 Cox Media Group.