The CDC confirmed a salmonella outbreak caused by a batch of shredded coconut.
Coconut Tree recalled their frozen shredded coconut two weeks ago. It was distributed in several states, including Oklahoma.
This week, the CDC confirmed the food's hand in a widespread outbreak.
Salmonella infection can be fatal; no deaths have been reported.
This coconut product was distributed in Ohio, Massachusetts, Washington, California, and Oklahoma with redistribution to Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, New York Pennsylvania, Oregon, Florida, and Texas. This Frozen Shredded Coconut product is packaged in 16 ounces plastic bags.
Anyone with the product should return it to the place of purchase for a refund.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- 2 officers, drug suspect's mother hurt in officer-involved shooting
- Trending stories right on your Facebook feed
- Grand Jury considers indictment in Bixby sexual assault allegations
- Breaking news and weather alerts: FREE download
- Woman accused of killing father, encasing body in concrete for weeks
© 2018 Cox Media Group.