TULSA, Okla. — QUICK FACTS:
- Officials are investigating a midtown Tulsa chase that ended with shots fired.
- An OHP trooper with the U.S. Marshal's Task Force tried to make a traffic stop, a chase ensued and shots were fired.
- U.S. Marshals say William Aubrey Martin died.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
A man is dead and a trooper-involved shooting is under investigation after a chase that ended in midtown Tulsa Thursday afternoon.
An Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper with the U.S. Marshal's Task Force tried to make a traffic stop before the man they tried to stop drove off and started the chase.
Authorities say that chase ended when the man -- William Aubrey Martin -- crashed his pickup truck into a backyard at a dead end near 2nd and Fulton.
According to U.S. Marshals, Martin then tried to run over officers and shots were fired.
Martin died at the scene.
No law enforcement officers were injured during the incident. The shooting is under investigation.
- Chick-fil-A worker jumps through drive-thru window, saves choking boy
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Texas father gets life sentence in death of 3-year-old punished for not drinking milk
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Gillette recalls thousands of women's disposable razors over injury risks
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking alerts sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group